The Strasburg-Heisler Library seeks dedicated volunteers to assist in the morning operations of the library.
- A commitment of one day a week: Monday or Thursday from 9:00 am to 11 or 12:00.
- Comfort using a computer, training on the software application will be provided.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds, bend and reach.
- Close attention to detail is critical.
- Must provide PA Child Abuse background clearance within 30 days.
Basic Tasks include:
- Assisting staff with the basic functions of the library.
- Shelving items accurately in their proper places in the library.
- Locating specific items from the library shelves.
- Scanning items using the software application.
- Perform basic maintenance of library materials.
- Some dusting and vacuuming.
More Detailed Tasks could be:
- Assisting patrons with computers.
- Assisting patrons who seek particular items using the catalog or the library software system.
- Checking in materials.
- Processing materials to fill holds for patron requested.
- Checking materials out to patrons.