Volunteering in the library is a great way to meet people, learn more about your community, and get the first peek at the newest books!
- A commitment of two hours a week or at least twice monthly.
- Comfort using a computer, training on the software application will be provided.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds, bend, reach, and stand.
- Close attention to detail is critical.
- Must provide PA Child Abuse background clearance within 30 days.
Basic Tasks include:
- Assisting staff with the basic functions of the library.
- Shelving items accurately in their proper places in the library.
- Locating specific items from the library shelves.
- Scanning items using the software application.
- Performing basic maintenance of library materials.
- You may be asked to do some dusting and vacuuming.
More Detailed Tasks could be:
- Assisting patrons with computers.
- Assisting patrons who seek particular items using the catalog or the library software system.
- Processing materials to fill holds for patron requested.
- Checking materials out to patrons.
To become a volunteer or ask more questions about volunteering at the Strasburg-Heisler Library, call the library 717-687-8969 and ask to speak with Kristin or email email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!