We’ve made some changes with your health and wellness as our top priority.
These numbers are available if our main line is busy:
717-682-9348 or 717-682-9624
- Browsing the shelves is available daily between 11AM and 2PM, and on Tuesday and Thursday evening from 5-7PM.
- Computer use is available from 2-5PM daily, and on Saturday from 12-1:30. Make an appointment.
- A limited number of people are permitted in the library, please be mindful of your time spent when others are waiting.
- 1 family is permitted in the children’s area at any one time, please be mindful of your time spent when others are waiting
- If you or someone in your family is not feeling well, please stay home.
- Properly wearing a mask is required while in the library.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided before entering.
- Be mindful to distance yourselves from other people and follow the foot pattern on the floor.
- No one under the age of 15 will be granted entry without an accompanying adult.
- All children under the age of 12 must remain with their parent.
- Please keep your browsing to about 15 minutes.
- If you touch a book or DVD then you decide that you do not want to borrow after all, place it in one of the red bins.
When entering and leaving the library the staff, children, and parents of Sunshine Corner’s have the right of way in the entryway and on the sidewalk in front of the doors. The shared indoor entryway must remain clear at all times.
Curbside delivery of reserved materials is greatly encouraged.
Visit Your Library Confidently
The library is essential to the welfare of the community, therefore our reopening plan has the health, safety, and well-being of the staff and public as its first priority. The corona virus has not gone away and must be taken very seriously, therefore the library Board of Trustees adopted to follow the guidance of the CDC to reopen as safely as possible.
Can I come into the library?
Yes! We have time slots for browsing and computer use.
- 11AM-2PM is when you can come to browse the shelves.
- 2-5PM is for computer use.
- On Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5-7PM you can browse the shelves.
- On Saturdays, browsing is from 1oAM-noon, computer use is from 12-1:30.
How does curbside delivery work?
- You may order up to 5 books or movies online, or call us with your requests, we can get you more.
- If your household is requesting less than 5 items collectively, please order them all on one account.
- All items may not arrive here on the same day.
- You will receive an email when they arrive.
- Come to the library and call us when you arrive. We will bring your items to your car.
- Please pick them up as soon as you know that your complete order is ready! This process is very labor intensive for all library staff members involved in your request, it takes a minimum of 4 people! It is a waste of our resources if your order is forgotten and the items are returned to their home libraries.
How long can I keep books and movies?
- We are lending items for 4 weeks now.
How do I return library items?
- The Strasburg-Heisler Library places large bins on the sidewalk in front of the library. One bin is for our materials and the other bin is for items belonging to the other libraries in the county.
- Please place your items in the designated bins. With the book closed you will see where it belongs, the location is stamped on the top of the pages. DVDs and CD cases have a sticker or check the library barcode.
- All items are quarantined for 5 days before returning to our shelves or to their home libraries.
- DVD and CD cases are disinfected before being shelved.
What can I do on behalf of my library?
- Continue to be an active library user.
- Support your library by talking about it with your friends and family so they may visit.
- Please tell the Strasburg Borough Council members how your library is important to you.
- Donate if you are able to.
- Please email your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org