We now offer sewing classes!
Sewing.01 is a beginner class for those who have never sewn before or have some experience with a sewing machine (good or bad!). There are 3 sessions in this class, each one introduces a new skill so you will be able to complete a different project during each session! There is a $10 fee for each session. Materials for completing the projects will be available. Bring your own scissors!
Session 1: flippy-flag pillow
Session 2: fabric basket
Session 3: TBD
Sewing.25 is the next step. It introducing further skills and techniques as the projects get more detailed. Completing Sewing.01 is highly recommended. Those with the ability to sew straight seams, know the vocabulary of sewing, and have made simple items successfully will enjoy this class. There is a $10 fee for each session and attendees bring their own materials. (The materials list follows).
These classes are for older teens (16+) and adults. A tween and teen class will be offered in the summer.
Class capacity is only 4, so call the library if the class is full and we’ll consider adding additional classes.
Do you have a group of friends interested in making one of these projects? Call the library and we will arrange a session especially for your group!
Materials List for Sewing.25
Be sure to bring your scissors!
Session 1. Japanese bag
- .5 yd of medium weight fabric such as light-weight denim or home decorator fabric.
Solid or print
- .5 yd of coordinating cotton (this will be the lining)
- .5 yd medium weight iron-on interfacing
- Matching thread
Session 2. Zippered pouch
- .25 yd cotton fabric- such as quilting print or solid
- .25 yd of coordinating fabric (this will be the lining)
- .25 yd of medium weight iron-on interfacing
- 11” zipper in a coordinating or matching color
- Matching thread
- If you have a rotary cutter – bring it to this session.